With most of the businesses now selling products or services online, we see a substantial drift towards online selling strategies and digital marketing. Every business is in a race to get good traffic, build a user-friendly website and get ranked on the top pages of the search engines.
In the early stages of business, many people consider beginning an E-commerce website that they have dreamt about and have planned to offer some amazing items that will empower them with the opportunity to take a shot at something they genuinely love doing. Be that as it may, in spite of the enthusiasm of it, many entrepreneurs end up not doing so because of the cost involved in developing an E-commerce website. Does this relate to you? Well then, don’t worry! We’ve got you a list of the best e-commerce platforms for small business!
1 – Shopify:
The sweet and scalable E-commerce platform ‘Shopify’ is by far the most popular out of all market players. As per BuiltWith data, there are about 881,792 websites using Shopify and it’s used in about 170+ countries across the globe! So, what makes it so popular?
- Instinctive and direct to get your eCommerce website and running in a short measure of time;
- 100+ themes and templates to choose from.
- All the fundamental features are integrated with Shopify.
- A noteworthy application store for included customization for your site.
- Fantastic client support.
- Numerous installment plan choices, contingent upon your own particular needs.
- Shopify POS, for the individuals who need a physical business too, which enables you to refresh stock, requests, and clients from any gadget.
- If you don’t use Shopify Payment, you will be liable to pay an additional transactional fee.
- Adding extensions may cost you more.
- When you wish to customize, you must know Shopify’s coding language ‘Liquid’
- Basic $29 with basic features + 2% transactional fee.
- Shopify $79 with moderate features + 1% transactional fee.
- Advanced Shopify at $299/mo with all advanced features + 0.5% transactional fee.
Also, if you wish to add ‘Retail package’, you will need to pay $49/mo extra irrespective of package charges.
List of Top 5 Shopify E-commerce Store
2 – Magento:
Take care of the functionality and design of the website through Magento. The feature-packed Magento platform is used by leading companies like Pepe Jeans, Burger King, Liverpool F.C. Launched in March 2008. As per BuiltWith data, there are about 239,829 websites using Magento. This platform has come a long way and is an open source application.
- Comes in two options: Paid and Unpaid version.
- The fundamental features are enough for anyone, so no need to integrate it with any add-ons.
- Easy to send out promotion alerts to your customer base for digital marketing.
- If you are searching for a website with multi-lingual content displayed according to your customer’s region, Magento makes this possible for you.
- You can modify the UI any way you need.
- If the owner is not a programmer, you might need a team or developer.
- For the Paid version you will end up paying about $20,000/year which is the enterprise version.
- Magento CE (Community) – Free!
- Magento EE (Enterprise) – Starts at $22,000 per year.
- Magento EE Cloud – Starts at $2000 per year (includes hosting)
List of Top 5 Magento E-commerce Store
3 – WooCommerce:
WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform through which one can add e-shops to the websites with various features. As per BuiltWith data, there are about 3,303,023 websites using WooCommerce. It is an open-source software helping developers to create highly customizable software packages. And as you know, customization is the king! A developer is free to make any modifications and things modified by other users are available for other developers. So, here we have a pool of developers working and sharing ideas! This can serve as the best eCommerce platform for small business.
- It is highly customizable.
- Additional features and add-ons to enhance the user experience
- Integration with PayPal to help customers pay via credit/debit cards
- Understanding of WordPress is needed.
- To use WooCommerce, you need the website built on WordPress
WooCommerce is a product of WordPress. So, if you have WordPress, you can use WooCommerce for free. Only when you wish to use any plugin, you may be charged accordingly.
List of Top 3 WooCommerce Store
4 – Drupal:
Drupal Commerce is a robust and not-so-complex Open-source Content management tool which has developed as a feature-packed platform. From social media to ecommerce, web business portals to individual portals, and from newsletter to directories, Drupal has taken over the whole Internet! There are about 1,042,335 websites using Drupal as per BuiltWith data. It is one of the best ecommerce platform for startups.
- It is secure.
- It is a highly scalable software.
- Drupal doesn’t need any special API. It serves as a self-API.
- Prototyping an idea in Drupal can help you save a lot!
- Handling the updates can be painful.
- It can eat up a lot of resources
- Hard for customization
Unlike Magento, Drupal comes free of cost. You can easily upgrade your Drupal website without worrying about any hidden charges.
List of Top 5 Drupal E-commerce Store
5 – BigCommerce:
In this age, people choose to go with BigCommerce because it is one of the best eCommerce platforms. BigCommerce is a ‘Big’ help for all those who don’t know or know less coding due to its built-in features. As per BuiltWith data, there are about 37,966 websites built with the help of this platform.
- BigCommerce University helps you learn it easily.
- It is secure and fast
- A free trial is available
- BigCommerce Next helps in developing mobile-friendly sites.
- A wide range of Built-in features
- Templates are a costly affair!
- The trial comes with some limitations.
- Limited hours of support.
- Standard plan – $29.95/mo
- Plus – $79.95/mo
- Pro – $249.95/mo
- Enterprise level- Call on 1-866-991-0872 for custom pricing
If you wish to pay annually, you save some bucks!
- $359 for the Standard plan
- $959 for the Plus
- $2,999 for Pro
List of Top 5 BigCommerce Store
E-commerce is a huge thing this decade! And we hope that this eCommerce platform comparison helps you choose the right one.