Website developers have to be as well informed and shrewd as SEO practitioners, when it comes to creating a website with a solid SEO foundation. Developing a website requires some technical skills and SEO requires a totally different set of technical skills. Every time a new website is started, the makers have to go through Google’s webmaster guidelines again and again, in order to stay ahead in the game of SEO. Website checklist includes things like structured data, site speed optimization, cross-platform compatibility, HTML improvements, and other development tasks from a developer’s point of view in the context of SEO.
So here is the important SEO checklist that every webmaster should follow before launching their website.
1. The writer or editors plays an important role in the popularity or SEO ranking of your website as they write the content of your website. Website owners should make sure that their website content has proper spelling and grammar. Check your site speed by checking the size of your page and their loading time.
2. Multi-browser rendering is considered as bane for the various sites. Website makers should make sure that their web pages render well in common browsers. Web designers should also take care of the fonts and put relevant images with their content as this will help in boosting their Google ranking.
3. Google is favoring websites which are mobile friendly that is, all the content can be easily loaded in the user’s mobile. Before launching a website, make sure that your website is mobile friendly, that is make sure the site doesn’t utilize a different mobile subdomain, which tends to make SEO more difficult.
4. While creating a website, web developers should develop their website in such a manner that the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) structures do not result in getting identified as duplicate content. Duplicate content issues can be resolved by making sure your site uses live URL to show the original source of the content.
5. Before launching your website, you can install W3C-valid code, to get some confidence over search engine spiders. Website developers should even “minify” their websites, so as to combine and compress the website code into smaller parts so as to speed up the site.
6. SEO professionals should make sure that every page of their website has relevant tags. Make sure the title tags are unique with meta description, as this helps the page to get easily searched by users.