Designing a logo may sound an easy task. Just draw a circle, throw in some colors, write the company name and you’re done with logo making. Do you have the same thoughts? If yes, then you are terribly mistaken. If you really want your logo to be worth the money that the client is paying you, then there is a lot more to it than that. So here are some tips which will help you to make some serious professional and good quality logos.
1. Use visual double entendre: Visual double entendre enables a logo to have two pictures wrapped into one by clever interpretation of an idea or concept. Logos using visual double entendre depict two things in one logo. Logo designs using this technique look very clever, attractive and memorable. These kinds of logos play mind games in the viewer’s mind and make them appreciate a design because of it.
2. Color plays an important role: Colors play a vital role in logo designing. Color communicates ideas and conveys meanings. Right use of colors either makes you glued to the brand further convincing the viewers to explore the brand freely. Vibrant colors bring life to the illustrations in the logo and impart relevant context to the shape of the landscape. Right choice of color helps in making a good logo versatile. Always consider the use case scenarios of logos while choosing the color combinations. Make sure to check whether or not the various use cases require different versions.
3. Try something new rather than the cliché trends: Try to use new ideas in your logos so that it won’t look monotonous and repetitive. Every year, new styles and technologies are introduced to the realm of logo design. People hate it when designers use the same ideas over and over again. So, think outside the box and come up with something unique, refreshing and eye-catching.
4. Make your logo unique: Rather than following the cliche trends and designs, you should instead try for something that can be uniquely recognizable. For instance, let us consider the Evernote logo; it’s simply the head of an elephant, which sounds nothing extraordinary. But, the way it’s made with the elephant having a curled trunk and a page fold in the ear makes it uniquely recognizable. Always prefer unique ideas over generic ideas.
5. Keep your logo simple: Not everyone can make beautiful designs on a whim. If you are an awesome designer, ace typographer or illustrator then you can make the best of designs. But if you are not that skilled, then try to keep it simple. Logo of Apple and Nike is the best example for simple yet powerful logos. Turn the boring logos into memorable brand marks for permeating the business world.
Above all, it is strongly recommended to hire the services of a professional logo designer or reputed logo design company to produce quality logos. Experienced and talented designers can craft the most appealing and professional logos that will let your brand stand out from the crowd.