Technologies enabling E-Commerce
Royson Rajan, Managing Director of Atlas SoftWeb, was invited for an online expert lecture for the subject ‘eCommerce and Social Media Marketing’ for Sem III students of Masters of Fashion Management in National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar on August 25, 2020. The topics covered included Technologies enabling E-Commerce.
The session covered topics including
• The Advantages of Internet
• The Internet Hierarchy
• Network Layers & TCP/IP Protocol
• IP Addressing, Web Server
• Software and Hardware involved
• Web Security, Graphic Interfaces
• Domain Creation, World Wide Web
• Digital Technologies for Back-end Management
• Digital Technologies for Front-end Management
• Alternative checkout methods
• Internet of things (IoT)
• Virtual/Digital assistants
• Visual search technology
• Chatbots (artificial intelligence)
The expert lecture was divided into three sessions. The first one focused on Internet and Networking while the second one was focused on eCommerce and its Trends. The third session was a real time of eCommerce system using Magento. These sessions were well received by the students and ended with a question and answer session.
Bhaskar Banerjee, Associate Professor organized this expert lecture for the students.